Traffic Update

Please contact us anytime

 

Facebook HABCOS

 

Email: hab.neighbourhoodwatch.gmail.com

2017 Traffic Petition 


 HABCOS delivered a traffic petition to local councillor John Crowder in September 2017. John in turn delivered the petition to the Mayor at the Havering Council meeting and it also carries support of the local MP Andrew Rosindell. The petition was signed bu over 90% of households in the village. Presumably the other 10% were away the week in August when the survey was made ! 

 

What's our Aim?


       We would like to 

  • Make the village safer for all - motor vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders  
  • Reduce the average traffic speed. Speed cameras being suggested 
  • Make the road easier to cross, particularly around Dame Tipping School and St Francis Hospice. Speed tables were suggested to the council
  • Remove reliance on chicanes which excacerbate the traffic issues
    • cars often speed to not give way to oncoming traffic in what are supposed to be calming measures
    • double up on traffic making crossing difficult
    • are positioned on blind bends
    • there are no escapes for slow moving and vulnerable traffic - cycles & horses
  • Make footways wide enough on Broxhill Road & North Road

 

The result of this is that Havering Council will undergo a full traffic review including residents and road users

 

 Other Traffic Issues

  • HABCOS are also discussing the pavement on Broxhill Road from Havering Green to Bedfords Park with Havering Council. A local resident has offered up the land to widen this walkway to allow buggies/wheelchairs to benefit from better access to either
  • Go Ape - depending on the Council decisions on planning applications
  • Provision of public transport within Greater London
  • Accident Log - please let us know of any accidents (on Facebook, form below or email contact 

Your form message has been successfully sent.

You have entered the following data:

Contact form

Please correct your input in the following fields:
Error while sending the form. Please try again later.

Note: Fields marked with * are required